- struggling to hold things together, life feels precarious
- periods of low mood, feeling distant from friends and disengaged from activities
- feeling anxious a lot of the time, over- analysing problems, giving up too early on projects, lack of self-esteem
- ongoing relationship problems with no apparent explanation
- feeling stressed from recent life-changes; feeling sad and isolated
- depressed, angry and frustrated following the ending of a sexual relationship or important friendship
- plummeting at small setbacks and getting tense and nervous
- mood swings, lack of motivation, not feeling in control of life
- getting panic attacks, and feeling stressed, anxious and sad
- difficulties in a relationship with a parent, feeling guilty all the time
- problems at work, pressure from colleagues, managers or clients
- loss of a loved one, grief, bereavement
Finding a counsellor can be a daunting task and you may have been thinking about it for some time but are not really sure where to turn. Counselling will give you understanding, tools and skills which will help you manage what you are going through. There is a power in simply telling your story, as it is, hearing it and making sense of it all, without fear of being judged.
I offer a warm, confidential and welcoming space for you, where you’ll be able to discuss your problems and difficulties. You will feel respected, understood and valued; and we will work together towards the changes you want in your life.
If you come to counselling with me, you will be setting the pace of the work. We will work with whatever you want to bring and at whatever pace and depth you choose. I will facilitate the work, but I will not act as an expert pretending that I know best. You are the expert in your own experience and I will support you, by being fully present and attuned to your process, to feel more able to trust yourself. If you are interested, we can also use creative exercises (e.g. art materials, art postcards, movement work) to help you explore your feelings further, but if you’d prefer to stick to talking, that is just fine too. The relationship and connection with your counsellor are key to this process, therefore, I work to create a space where you feel you can trust me to support you when you may be feeling at your most vulnerable or distressed.
I am still seeing clients using the online video platform, Zoom. Online counselling has been proven to provide an effective means of supporting clients in need. And for many it’s even more convienent than face to face counselling becauses there’s no travel, no parking, just counselling in the comfort of your own home.Please contact me if you have any questions.
New Clients are still being accepted.
Telephone 07731 142381
Contact me via email: