Jens Wellness Therapy
“The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change.”
THE PARADOXICAL THEORY OF CHANGE
- struggling to hold things together, life feels precarious
- periods of low mood, feeling distant from friends and disengaged from activities
- feeling anxious a lot of the time, over- analysing problems, giving up too early on projects, lack of self-esteem
- ongoing relationship problems with no apparent explanation
- feeling stressed from recent life-changes; feeling sad and isolated
- depressed, angry and frustrated following the ending of a sexual relationship or important friendship
- unsure, guilty or confused about sexuality or sexual feelings
- plummeting at small setbacks and getting tense and nervous
- mood swings, lack of motivation, not feeling in control of life
- getting panic attacks, and feeling stressed, anxious and sad
- difficulties in a relationship with a parent, feeling guilty all the time
- problems at work, pressure from colleagues, managers or clients
Finding a counsellor can be a daunting task and you may have been thinking about it for some time but are not really sure where to turn.
I offer a warm, confidential and welcoming space for you, where you’ll be able to discuss your problems and difficulties. You will feel respected, understood and valued; and we will work together towards the changes you want in your life.
If you come to counselling with me, you will be setting the pace of the work. We will work with whatever you want to bring and at whatever pace and depth you choose. I will facilitate the work, but I will not act as an expert pretending that I know best. You are the expert in your own experience and I will support you, by being fully present and attuned to your process, to feel more able to trust yourself. If you are interested, we can also use creative exercises (e.g. art materials, art postcards, movement work) to help you explore your feelings further, but if you’d prefer to stick to talking, that is just fine too. The relationship and connection with your counsellor are key to this process, therefore, I work to create a space where you feel you can trust me to support you when you may be feeling at your most vulnerable or distressed.